Leave us a review on

Start a new topic

setMerchantCountryCode for android sdk

Hello, 

we are having confusion for setMerchantCountryCode. We are not able to decide which code is to be used as we can have different regions as well. For that condition which country code to be used.

1 Comment

Welcome, Dear Muhammad,

Thanks for reaching PayTabs out on our Developers Community. My Name is Osama El-Hamahmy from the technical support team and I will be looking into this post and following up with you.

Regarding your inquiry, integration with Paytabs requires sending the authentication details with each request (profileID, Server key, and client key) targeting the Endpoint URL which differs based on the region/instance of Paytabs your account was created.

Since the Mobile SDK is selecting the endpoint URL based on the country code you have to choose the profile/account region code of the profile you are using to successfully authenticate the integration.
For more information about configuration parameters 2.1 Native Andriod SDK | Configuration Options & Parameters

As for which code to use, according to your region, you will use a string (ISO Alpha-2 Format) of that resion. For instance, if the region is Saudi Arabia then the countryCode will be "SA".

However for the global region, you will use the country code of the merchant address defined in your account, so for India will be "IN" and so on.

You should also know that we are providing you with a great "Solutions Portal" that includes so many articles that can walk you through any situation such as the "The How to & The What Is (FAQ)" category which contains the technical and non-technical FAQ, and the "How to Integrate with PayTabs?" category which contains all the available methods to integrate with the fully detailed documentation and "Troubleshooting Your Issues/Errors" category which will allow you to trace and solve your issues without seeking for any assistance.

Please don't ever hesitate to comment back if you still have further inquiries.  Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Glad to be always in help.

Hoping you have a profitable and successful trade.

Login or Signup to post a comment