You can only execute a refund operation on either an authorized sale transaction or captured transaction. For more information about the different transaction types and the meaning of each one, you may like to check our "What is the "tran_type" (transaction type)?" solution article.
A new transaction (with new refernce) with type refund will be created for the refund process and will be linked to the original sale/capture transaction
In this article you will be going to know about:
- How much will the refund process take?
- Refunding via your PayTabs Dashboard
- Refunding via Your System
How much will the refund process take?
The refund process might take up to:
If the refund is not received by the cardholder after 15 working days, please contact us; we can arrange for ARN.
Refunding via your PayTabs Dashboard
- From your Transactions menu in the dashboard, click on the requested transaction you want to refund.
- Press on the "Refund" button, which exists in the bottom right corner.
- Indicate the amount to be refunded, by providing an amount less than the transaction total amount, you will be executing a "Partial Refund" in this case.
- Click the "Submit" button.
Refunding via Your System
You can refund the transaction via the "Refund API endpoint", or if you are using one of our eCommerce plugins, then kindly navigate to the used one solution article to know whether this feature is supported or not.
For the mobile integrations, you may check our "Mobile SDKs" solution articles for the used SDK to know more about it.