PayTabs SDK makes the integration with the PayTabs payment gateway very easy by providing a ready-made payment screen that handles the card entry, and billing & shipping information and completes the missing details.
This article is dedicated to walking you through how to perform tokenized/recurring transactions using this SDK.
To enable tokenization (for recurring or any other services that depend on auto-detection from the customers instead of saving credit card details), please follow the below instructions:
- Request a token in creating any payment request by passing the "tokeniseType" along with the "tokenFormat" with the preferred type and format that suits your business needs within your PaymentSDKConfiguration, as shown below.
configuration.tokeniseType = .userOptinoal configuration.tokenFormat = .hex32
To know more about these parameters and what are the available values you can pass, please check the "2.4 Native IOS SDK | Enums" solution article.
- Configure the billing & shipping information for this payment, noting that the shipping information is optional. To know more about this, please check our 3.1 Native IOS SDK | Manage Shipping and Billing details and 2.1.1 Native IOS SDK | Configuration Options & Parameters solution articles.
let billingDetails = PaymentSDKBillingDetails(name: "John Smith", email: "[email protected]", phone: "+2011111111", addressLine: "address", city: "Dubai", state: "Dubai", countryCode: "ae", // ISO alpha 2 zip: "12345") let shippingDetails = PaymentSDKShippingDetails(name: "John Smith", email: "[email protected]", phone: "+2011111111", addressLine: "address", city: "Dubai", state: "Dubai", countryCode: "ae", // ISO alpha 2 zip: "12345")
- Then create an object from
PaymentSDKConfigurationand fill it out with your credentials and payment details. To know more about what is the exact values that should be passed here, please check our 2.1.1 Native IOS SDK | Configuration Options & Parameters solution article.
let configuration = PaymentSDKConfiguration(profileID: profileID, serverKey: serverKey, clientKey: clientKey, currency: "AED", amount: 5.0, merchantCountryCode: "AE") .cartDescription("Flowers") .cartID("1234") .screenTitle("Pay with Card") .billingDetails(billingDetails)
- Only then you will be ready to start/initiate the payment by passing your PaymentSDKConfiguration object along with the
function. To know more about this please check our 2.2 Native IOS SDK | The PaymentSDKConfiguration Object, 2.1.2 Native IOS SDK | Delegates, and Step 5 - Native IOS SDK | Handle the payment response solution articles
PaymentManager.startCardPayment(on: self, configuration: configuration, delegate: self)
- Then perform any further recurring transaction according to your business needs by repeating steps 2 and 3 from this solution article, then directly start the tokenized card payment within the PaymmentManager class, by passing the PaymentSDKConfiguration object and the
PaymentManager.startTokenizedCardPayment(on: self, configuration: configuration, token: *TOKEN*, transactionRef: *TransactionReference* delegate: self)
⌂ To get familiar with the whole process and the other steps, kindly navigate to our "The Native IOS SDK Integration Manual" solution article.
⇦ And to navigate to the previous step in the integration process "Step 2 - Configure the integration method" kindly click here.
⇦ And to get familiar with the rest of the steps regarding the current step " Step 3 - Native IOS SDK | Initiating the payment" click here.
⇨ Or you can navigate to the next step in the integration process "Step 4 - Accepting the payment" kindly click here.