In this article you will be going to know about:
- What is OpenCart?
- How to integrate your OpenCart platform with your PayTabs account?
- How to upgrade the PayTabs plugin in OpenCart to the latest version?
- How to know that you are using an old OpenCart plugin (PT1)?
- What are Paytabs plugin configuration options?
- How to find log files to troubleshoot any issues?
What is OpenCart?
OpenCart is a free open-source e-commerce platform for online merchants. OpenCart provides a professional and reliable foundation from which to build a successful online store.
How to integrate your OpenCart platform with your PayTabs account?
By following below steps, you will integrate your system in no time, without even having a technical background.
Installing the Plugin
- Log in to your merchant dashboard.
- Navigate to the Developers menu.
- Go to “OpenCart” under the “PRE-BUILT INTEGRATIONS” section.
- Click on the link “click here” as shown in the picture below.
- Then use one of the following methods to install the plugin:
- Navigate to your WordPress admin panel > Extensions > Installer
- Once you get there, click on the “Upload Plugin” button.
Upload your downloaded plugin from step 4 to the root directory within your OpenCart installation directory.
Extract the plugin file.
Activating the Plugin
You can activate your plugin either by:
- Your OpenCart admin panel, go to Extensions from the Extensions dropdown menu.
- Select Payments from the dropdown and locate PayTabs extension.
- Click the green plus button next to the plugin and wait for the activation to complete.
You can install “PayTabs All” in case you want to accept all the available payment methods.
You can deactivate it by clicking the red minus button
Configure the Plugin
- From your OpenCart admin panel, go to Extensions from the Extensions dropdown menu.
Select the preferred payment method from the listed available PayTabs payment methods.
- Click the edit button to configure the plugin.
Enable the payment method by choosing the "Enabled" option
Choose your Paytabs endpoint region (the region your Paytabs account registered at)
Enter your "Profile ID" and "Server Key" in the account information section on your configuration page. For more information about how to get your integration keys from your dashboard, please click here.
- Click on the save button to save your configurations.
How to upgrade PayTabs plugin in OpenCart to the latest version?
- Go to your OpenCart admin panel and deactivate the old payment plugin you are already using for now and delete it. (From Extentions> Extensions > Payments > Uninstall Payment Method).
- Then got to Extensions > Installer > Delete button beside our plugin name.
- Repeat the above steps on the "How to integrate your OpenCart platform with your PayTabs account?" section.
How to know that you are using an old OpenCart plugin (PT1)?
After logging in to your OpenCart account, navigate to: PayTabs plugin. Usually, you will see Merchant email and secret key instead of profile id and server key, which was the old way of authenticating, and it’s deprecated and no longer used anymore.
What are Paytabs plugin configuration options?
This option indicates the minimum total amount on the checkout page to enable this payment method at.
For example if the total field set to 2000, then this payment method will not be visible in any order less than this value.
Completed Status Option
This option controls what will be the order status on your system after it has been completed (authenticated/successful payment)
Be very careful when you change the Default option. Once you change it, you change the normal flow of the Order into the WooCommerce system, you may encounter some consequences based on the new value you set
Failed Status Option
This option controls will be the order status on your system if it's failed on the payment phase (declined/error/not a successful payment)
Be very careful when you change the Default option. Once you change it, you change the normal flow of the Order into the OpenCart system, you may encounter some consequences based on the new value you set
Fraud Status Option
This option controls will be the order status on your system if it's detected as a fraud from OpenCart system.
Geo Zone Option
This option indicates in which geo-zones the payment method should be enabled (shown on the checkout page).
You can configure the Geo Zone from System -> Localization -> Geo Zone Menu.
Sort Order Option
This option controls the payment method sorting order on the checkout page.
Hide Shipping Option
In case you want to not force the customers to re-enter both billing and shipping information, you may like to enable it.
The customer details are still required and must be passed, in case any of the details are missing or passed with invalid values; the hide_shipping option will be ignored and cardholder will be required to enter any of the missing details on the payment page
Allow Associated Option
This is an option that is only available for cards payment methods such as Credit Cards, Mada, Meeza ones.
Enabling this would allow displaying all available card payments (on your Paytabs merchant profile) on the Paytabs payment page.
How to find log files to troubleshoot any issues?
In some cases, when you contact our technical support team for assistance, they require the log file to assist you accordingly (or even you may want to troubleshoot the plugin behavior yourself), you will be able to find those files at:
PayTabs custom log
It will be named as debug_paytabs.log file and will be found at “/system/storage/logs/debug_paytabs.log”
OpenCart error log
It will be shown in the system itself, you may access it by navigating to: “OpenCart admin panel > System > Maintenance > Error Logs”