In this article you will be going to know about
- What is PrestaShop?
- How to integrate your PrestaShop platform with your PayTabs account?
- How to upgrade the PayTabs plugin in PrestaShop to the latest version?
- How to know that you are using an old PrestaShop plugin (PT1)?
- What are Paytabs plugin configuration options?
- How to find log messages to troubleshoot any issues?
What is PrestaShop?
PrestaShop is an efficient and innovative e-commerce solution with all the features you need to create an online store and grow your business.
How to integrate your PrestaShop platform with your PayTabs account?
By following the below steps, you will be able integrate your system in no time, without even having a technical background.
Installing the Plugin
- Log in to your PayTabs merchant dashboard.
- Navigate to the Developers menu.
- Go to “PrestaShop” under the “PRE-BUILT INTEGRATIONS” section.
- Click on the link “click here” as shown in the picture below.
- Then use one of the following methods to install the plugin:
Rename the downloaded ".zip" file to paytabs_paypage.zip. This is a MUST to do step.
- Navigate to your PrestaShop admin panel > Improve > Modules > Module Manager
Click on Upload a module, then select the paytabs_paypage.zip downloaded from your merchant dashboard file.
Wait until the installation process completes
Click the button install
Upload your downloaded plugin from step 4 to the "root/modules/" directory within your PrestaShop installation directory.
Extract the plugin file.
Navigate to your PrestaShop admin panel > Improve > Modules > Module Manager
Click the button install next to the “PayTabs - PayPage”.
Activating the Plugin
Once you install the plugin, it will be activated automatically.
Configure the Plugin
- From your PrestaShop admin panel go to Improve > Modules > Module Manager.
Select the preferred payment method from the listed available PayTabs payment methods.
- Click the edit button to configure the plugin.
Enable the payment method by choosing the "Yes" option
Choose your Paytabs endpoint region (the region your Paytabs account registered at)
Enter your "Profile ID" and "Server Key" in the account information section on your configuration page. For more information about how to get your integration keys from your dashboard, please click here.
- Click on the Save button to save your configurations.
If you have multiple currencies in your PayTabs’s profile, make sure to enable those currencies in your PrestaShop admin panel. You can find list currencies from PrestaShop admin panel > Improve > Modules > Payment > Preference.
How to upgrade PayTabs plugin in PrestaShop to the latest version?
- Go to your PrestaShop admin panel and deactivate the old payment plugin, you already using for now then delete it. (From Improve > Modules > Module Manager > Click on Uninstall for “PayTabs - PayPage”).
- Repeat the above steps on the "How to integrate your PrestaShop platform with your PayTabs account?" section.
How to know that you are using an old PrestaShop plugin (PT1)?
After logging in to your PrestaShop account, navigate to Improve > Modules > Module Manager > PayTabs - PayPage > Configure. Usually, you will see Merchant email and secret key instead of profile id and server key, which was the old way of authenticating, and it’s deprecated and no longer used anymore.
What are Paytabs plugin configuration options?
Hide Shipping info Option
In case you want to not force the customers to reenter both billing and shipping information, you may like to enable it.
The customer details are still required and must be passed, in case any of the details are missing or passed with invalid values; the hide_shipping option will be ignored and cardholder will be required to enter any of the missing details on the payment page
Allow Associated Option
This is an option that is only available for cards payment methods such as Credit Cards, Mada, Meeza ones.
Enabling this would allow displaying all available card payments (on your Paytabs merchant profile) on the Paytabs payment page.
How to find log messages to troubleshoot any issues?
In some cases, when you contact our technical support team for assistance, they require the log messages to assist you accordingly (or even you may want to troubleshoot the plugin behavior yourself), you will be able to find those messages at your admin panel > Configure > Advanced Parameters > Logs.
Then search for the messages containing "PayTabs" as this is the prefix for all PayTabs’ plugin’s messages.