Our plugins make the integration with our payment gateway very easy by providing a ready-made and easy-to-install plugin that enables you to be ready and go with a few steps to get you up and running with your business.
In this article, we will walk you through the default order workflow in Shopify as it's not only considered an important step for you to maintain your knowledge about the Shopify platform but also because our plugin for Shopify is adopting this default Order workflow which will affect the behavior of your website/store (such as order creation, carts, sent notifications/emails, ... and so).
Once the order is placed by your customer using the usual ordering process, such as the below common one, a transaction will be linked to their payment/order from your website/store in your merchant dashboard:
- Customers should log in to your website/store or guest customers also.
- Next, they have to add some products to their carts.
- Then, by requesting to check out their carts, they will be redirected to the checkout page, where they will have to provide accurate billing and shipping details.
- After that, they will proceed to the payment information page, where they will have to choose the our payment method and then click complete order.
- They will be redirected to our payment page.
- Finally, by providing their credit card details, then clicking on the "Pay Now" button, and waiting for the system to redirect them back to your store website/store, their order will be placed automatically associated with their transaction reference in your merchant dashboard also on the Shopify order list.
Note that, At ends of the transaction we notify Shopify with the transaction status, Shopify creates the order after receiving the transaction notification with an authorized transaction status, otherwise, the order wouldn't be created and customer cart would be still filled as it was before redirection to the payment page.
The only identifiers between our payment gateway and Shopify is the SessionID AKA Service Ref
on our side could be found on the transaction view as follow
On shopify side could be found on order details under "Information from gateway"
Also You can search on Shopify orders using the same session ID
⌂ To get familiar with the whole process and the other steps, kindly navigate to our "The Shopify Plugin Integration Manual" solution article.
⇦ And to navigate to the previous step in the integration process "Step 2 - Configure the integration method" kindly click here.
⇨ And to navigate to the next step in the integration process "Step 4 - Accepting the payment" kindly click here.