PayTabs plugins make the integration with the PayTabs payment gateway very easy by providing a ready-made and easy-to-install plugin that enables you to be ready and go with a few steps to get you up and running with your business.
This article is dedicated to walking you through how to refund a transaction related to one of your OpenCart orders. We highly recommend reading the below solution articles first to be aware of some of the processes that may be mentioned in this article:
There are two ways to refund an authenticated "Sale" transaction:
via the OpenCart Admin dashboard
You will be able to refund the transaction related to one of your OpenCart orders via your OpenCart admin dashboard by following the below steps:
- Navigate to the "Sales" menu from your OpenCart admin dashboard, then select "Orders" as shown below:
- Then click on the view button of the chosen order you want to refund its amount as shown below.
- After this, you will be redirected to the order details page where you can refund the order by clicking on the Refund by PayTabs button.
via the Paytabs Dashboard
You can perform the refund directly from your PayTabs dashboard, and this transaction will be refunded to the customer. You can fully refund (refund the whole transaction's amount) or partially refund (refund a partial amount from the whole transaction's amount). You will be able to refund the transaction related to one of your OpenCart orders via your Paytabs dashboard by following the below steps:
- Then, click on the chosen "Sale" transaction that you want to refund, as shown below:
- After that, click on the blue "Refund" button at the bottom on the right of the transaction view page, as shown below:
- This will redirect you to the refund form; then, you will have to provide the entire transaction amount in the "Amount" field, then click on the "Submit" button.
Only then the Transaction amount will be refunded to your customer.
⌂ To get familiar with the whole process and the other steps, kindly navigate to our "The OpenCart Plugin Integration Manual" solution article.
⇦ And to navigate to the previous step in the integration process "Step 6 - Handle the post payment responses" kindly click here.