PayTabs plugins make the integration with the PayTabs payment gateway very easy by providing a ready-made and easy-to-install plugin that enables you to be ready and go with a few steps, to get you up and running with your business.
In this article, we will walk you through how to control the order confirmation email sent from your Magento website/store. We highly recommend that you check our "3.1 Magento Plugin| Magento's Orders Workflow" solution article first to understand the business/logic this configuration option relay on. To manage this configuration option, kindly follow the below steps:
1. From your Magento admin panel, Navigate to the Stores menu, then select the Configurations menu item.
2. In the "Configurations" page, and from the “Sales” tab, select the "Payment Methods" menu item.
3. Expand the preferred payment method from the provided list by PayTabs of the supported payment methods available.
4. Finally, choose the order confirmation email option which is suites your business more as shown below:
* Once the customer hits the place the order button, Magento will create the order already (at this point the customer can see this order in his account), then after that Magento redirects the customer to the payment page (default system flow). In other words, Magento creates the order already whether it has been paid or not (payments only affect the order status).
Magento sends a confirmation email to the customers once the order has been placed as a confirmation email, and another one once the payment is authenticated and succeed as an invoice email, which may confuse some customers/merchants.
Choosing "Do not send an order confirmation email" will prevent any order confirmation email from being sent, in such cases, the customers will rely on the invoice email sent to them.
On the other hand, if you choose "Send Order confirmation email, if payment succeeds" this will send the order confirmation email ONLY if the payment has been done successfully, in such cases, the customers will rely on the invoice email sent to them.
But if you choose to check the "Use system value" checkbox, then the default Magento default behavior * will be executed.
⌂ To get familiar with the whole process and the other steps, kindly navigate to our "The Magento Plugin Integration Manual" solution article.
⇦ And to navigate to the previous step in the integration process "Step 1 - Setup and activate the integration method" click here.
⇦ And to get familiar with the rest of the steps regarding the current step "Step 2 - Configure the integration method" click here.
⇨ Or you can navigate to the next step in the integration process "Step 3 - Initiating the payment" kindly click here.