PayTabs plugins make the integration with the PayTabs payment gateway very easy by providing a ready-made and easy-to-install plugin that enables you to be ready and go with a few steps to get you up and running with your business.
In this article, we will walk you through how to change the order payment/transaction type to be either captured automatically after the payment directly, which depends on the "Sale" mode, or capture it manually from your store as "Auth/Cap" mode usually operates.
This configuration option is supported ONLY in the credit cards payment method.
Through out the article we will use the transaction types clarified in our What is "tran_type"? solution article.
This option is usually used with "Auth Order Status" option set as "On Hold".
To manage the order's transaction type via your WooCommerce plugin, kindly follow the below steps:
- From your WooCommerce admin panel on the left side, navigate to WooCommerce -> Settings.
Then, click on the "Payments" tab to display all payment methods.
After that, click on the "Manage" button to configure this payment method.
Then you will need to choose the "Transaction" from the dropdown to configure the option.
Those transaction types will affect the flow of the payment as described below:
- Sale: The payment is deducted immediately from the customer's bank account and credited to the merchant account.
- Auth: The payment is authorized, and the amount is put on hold and kept with the customer's bank. The amount can be captured later to the merchant account or released back to the customer's bank account.
Finally, you will need to save your configuration information by clicking on the “Save Changes” button.
And here you are, done configuring the PayTabs' WooCommerce plugin with the appropriate transaction type.
- Authorized transactions would be captured automatically when the status of the order is changed from "On Hold" to "Completed".
- Authorized transactionscould also be captured manually from your Paytabs Dashboard.
- Authorized transactions would be voided/released automatically when the status of the order is changed from "On Hold" to "Canceled".
⌂ To get familiar with the whole process and the other steps, kindly navigate to our "The WooCommerce Plugin Integration Manual" solution article.
⇦ And to navigate to the previous step in the integration process "Step 1 - Setup and activate the integration method" click here.
⇨ And to get familiar with the rest of the steps regarding the current step "Step 2 - Configure the integration method" kindly click here.
⇨ Or you can navigate to the next step in the integration process "Step 3 - Initiating the payment" kindly click here.