Most probably this error happened because you are requesting to make payment with a currency that is not configured yet in your profile.
In this article you will be going to know about:
- How to investigate the reason that caused this error?
- Reason #1: Using a currency that is not configured in your profile
How to investigate the reason that caused this error?
You can check the "Response Code" in the transaction screen from the Transactions button in your profile.
You can also, investigate the reason for such an error from the "API debug log", by navigating to the Developer’s menu > Testing > API Debug Logs (within your desired profile).
Also, you may receive the error message in the response payload as shown below:
Reason #1: Using a currency that is not configured in your profile
This means that the payment request payload contains a currency code that is not configured/listed in your profile. For example, your profile only accepts EGP currency, while your online store base currency is USD. In this case, your online store would request the payment in USD currency, that's when the error message "Currency mismatch" would show up for you. You will just need to either to check the sent currency in the request to your system according to your integration method as follows:
- PT2 API Endpoints: check the "cart_currency" sent in the request payload as below: To know more about our API endpoints, please check our fully detailed "PT2 API Endpoints" documentation.
- Mobile SDKs: check the "currency" parameter sent in the PaymentSDKConfiguration object as below:
To know more about our Mobile SDKs, please check our fully detailed "Mobile SDKs" documentation.
- Backend Packages: check the "paytabs_currency" parameter in the config file of the project as below:
To know more about our backend packages, please check our fully detailed "Backend Packages" documentation.
- eCommerce Plugins: check the PayTabs plugin configuration page which should have the currency option (not exist in all plugins), so to check what are the configuration options you have in the plugin you are using, kindly seek for the "What are Paytabs plugin configuration options?" section under the related plugin article exists in our fully detailed "eCommerce Plugins" documentation.
Only for Shopify navigate in your Shopify admin panel to Settings > Store details. In the Store currency section, select your new store currency from the list, then click Save.
OR In case the requested currency is the one you want, and not configured in your profile, you will just need to contact us at ([email protected]) with your profile Id along with the country your business operates in, and ask for the required currency to add.