PayTabs plugins make the integration with the PayTabs payment gateway very easy by providing a ready-made and easy-to-install plugin that enables you to be ready and go with a few steps to get you up and running with your business.
This article is dedicated to walking you through how to void/return a transaction amount related to one of your Shopify orders. You should know that this will be active ONLY if you have configured the Payment Capture method on your Shopify settings (2.1 - Configure the order payment type (transaction type)) to be "Manually".
We highly recommend reading the below solution articles first to be aware of some of the terms/processes that may be mentioned in this article:
- What is the "tran_type" (transaction type)?
- 2.1 - Configure the order payment type (transaction type)
The authorized transaction which created via the Shopify channel can't be voided from the merchant dashboard.
You will be able to void/return the transaction related to one of your Shopify orders via your Shopify admin dashboard by following the below steps:
- Login to Shopify Admin and navigate to the "Orders" menu on the left sidebar.
- Select the tagged "Authorized" order under the "Payment Status" you want to capture.
- Then, on the order page at the top right, click on the "More actions"menu. A drop-down list will be displayed, kindly select the "Cancel Order" option from it.
- A popup confirmation box will display. Kindly confirm the action by clicking on the "Cancel order" button.
- Only then, the order will be affected by this action and will be shown in the orders as a "Voided" order.
⌂ To get familiar with the whole process and the other steps, kindly navigate to our "The Shopify Plugin Integration Manual" solution article.
⇦ And to navigate to the previous step in the integration process "Step 6 - Handle the post-payment responses" kindly click here. ⇦ And to get familiar with the rest of the steps regarding the current step "Step 7 - Manage Transactions" kindly click here.