PayTabs plugins make the integration with the PayTabs payment gateway very easy by providing a ready-made and easy-to-install plugin that enables you to be ready and go with a few steps to get you up and running with your business.
This article is dedicated to walking you through how to capture a transaction related to one of your Drupal orders. You should know that Only if you had configured the Payment Action on your configurations (Drupal Plugin | Transaction Type [Pay Page Mode]) to be "Authorize".
We highly recommend reading the below solution articles first to be aware of some of the terms/processes that may be mentioned in this article:
There are two ways to capture an authorized transaction:
via the Drupal Admin dashboard
You will be able to capture the transaction related to one of your orders via your Drupal Commerce admin dashboard by following the below steps:
- Navigate to the "Commerce" menu from your Drupal admin dashboard, then select "Orders" from the menu as shown below:
- Then click on the "View" button under the "Operations" column for the chosen order you want to capture its amount.
- After that, navigate to the "Payments" Tab on the order view page, and tap on the capture button as shown below:
- Finally, Set the amount value before submitting the capture button which will automatically capture the amount via PayTabs.
Only then, the order will be affected by this action and will be linked to the new "Capture" transaction that has been made on your PayTabs dashboard.
via the Paytabs Dashboard
You can perform the capture directly from your PayTabs dashboard, and your Drupal website/store will be affected/updated with this change occurring on your PayTabs dashboard ONLY if you activated the Drupal Plugin | Allow IPN Notifications configuration option.
If this configuration options is not enabled, capturing the transaction would proceed normally, however, your Drupal website/store will not be notified/updated of this change/capture.
To know more about handling transactions on your Paytabs dashboard generally, kindly check our Get to know the Transactions menu item, and how to manage it solution article.
You can fully capture (capture the full transaction's amount) or partially capture (capture a partial amount from the whole transaction's amount)the transaction. However, for the IPN notification sent to your Drupal website/store (which allows your order to be affected/updated with this capture), ONLY the full capture is allowed, as you will not be able to specify which product on the Drupal order you will capture from the PayTabs dashboard.
You will be able to capture the transaction related to one of your Drupal orders via your Paytabs dashboard by following the below steps:
- Navigate to your "Transactions" menu from your dashboard as shown below:
- Then, click on the chosen "Auth" transaction that you want to capture, as shown below:
- After that, click on the green "Capture" button at the bottom of the transaction view page as shown below:
- This will redirect you to the capture form; then you will have to provide the entire transaction amount in the "Amount" field, then click on the "Submit" button.
Only then, the Drupal order will be affected by this action and will be linked to the new "Capture" transaction that has been made on your PayTabs dashboard.
⇦ And to navigate to the previous step in the integration process "Step 6 - Handle the post-payment responses (notifications)" kindly click here.
⇦ And to get familiar with the rest of the steps regarding the current step "Step 7 - Manage Transactions" kindly click here.