PayTabs plugins make the integration with the PayTabs payment gateway very easy by providing a ready-made and easy-to-install plugin that enables you to be ready and go with a few steps to get you up and running with your business.
This article is dedicated to walking you through how to capture a transaction related to one of your Magento orders. You should know that Only if you had configured the Payment Action on your Magento congratulations (2.12 Magento Plugin | Payment Action) to be "Authorize".
We highly recommend reading the below solution articles first to be aware of some of the terms/processes that may be mentioned in this article:
- What is the "tran_type" (transaction type)?
- 2.12 Magento Plugin | Payment Action Configuration Option
- 3.1 Magento Plugin| Magento's Orders Workflow
There are two ways to capture an authorized transaction:
via the Magento Admin dashboard
You will be able to capture the transaction related to one of your Magento orders via your Magento admin dashboard by following the below steps:
- Navigate to the "Sales" menu from your Magento admin dashboard, then select "Orders" from the sub-menu as shown below:
- Then click on the "View" button under the "Action" column for the chosen order you want to capture its amount.
- After that, navigate to the "Invoice" menu under the "Information" panel on the order preview page, as shown below:
- Select the products you want to capture if you prefer to partially capture the order amount (capture specific products' amount). Noting that if you select them all, this will be treated as a full capture (capture the whole order's amount).
- Finally, select the option called "Capture Online" which will automatically capture the amount via PayTabs.
Capturing the order offline wont create a capture transaction on your PayTabs account.
Only then, the order will be affected by this action and will be linked to the new "Capture" transaction that has been made on your PayTabs dashboard.
via the Paytabs Dashboard
You can perform the capture directly from your PayTabs dashboard, and your Magento website/store will be affected/updated with this change occurred on your PayTabs dashboard ONLY if you activated the 2.5 Magento Plugin | Allow IPN Notifications configuration option.
If this configuration options is not enabled, capturing the transaction would proceed normally, however, your Magento website/store will not be notified/updated of this change/capture.
To know more about handling transactions on your Paytabs dashboard generally, kindly check our Get to know the Transactions menu item, and how to manage it solution article.
You can fully capture (capture the full transaction's amount) or partially capture (capture a partial amount from the whole transaction's amount)the transaction. However, for the IPN notification sent to your Magento website/store (which allows your Magento order to be affected/updated with this capture), ONLY the full capture is allowed, as you will not be able to specify which product on the Magento order you will capture from the PayTabs dashboard.
You will be able to capture the transaction related to one of your Magento orders via your Paytabs dashboard by following the below steps:
- Navigate to your "Transactions" menu from your dashboard as shown below:
- Then, click on the chosen "Auth" transaction that you want to capture, as shown below:
- After that, click on the green "Capture" button at the bottom of the transaction view page as shown below:
- This will redirect you to the capture form; then you will have to provide the entire transaction amount in the "Amount" field, then click on the "Submit" button.
Only then, the Magento order will be affected by this action and will be linked to the new "Capture" transaction that has been made on your PayTabs dashboard.
⌂ To get familiar with the whole process and the other steps, kindly navigate to our "The Magento Plugin Integration Manual" solution article.
⇦ And to navigate to the previous step in the integration process "Step 6 - Handle the post-payment responses (notifications)" kindly click here.
⇦ And to get familiar with the rest of the steps regarding the current step "Step 7 - Manage Transactions" kindly click here.