PayPal is one of the oldest payment platforms which PayTabs offers for its merchants as an alternative payment method to provide customers/buyers with a faster and more convenient way to make purchases.
PayPal is one of the world’s most popular and loved online payment systems
In this article, you will be going to know about:
- Merchants in Egypt can enable PayPal as an APM directly by raising a request to [email protected] along with your merchant id.
- Merchants in UAE can enable PayPal as an APM directly by raising a request to [email protected] along with your merchant id.
As a merchant, you need to have the following requirements:
- Active account on PayTabs
- Active account on PayPal
What are the Features that PayPal supports?
PayPal transactions will have the following features:
- Transaction type: Sales ONLY. To know other transaction types that PayTabs provides please check our What are the transaction types? solution article.
- Currencies supported: USD, EUR, GPB, HKD, JPY.
How to activate PayPal?
Merchant MUST have an ACTIVE PayTabs and PayPal accounts.
- PayPal can be enabled directly from the developer panel in the dashboard. The PayPal option will be available in the “pre-built integration” section.
- Click on PayPal Settings, then click on "continue" to move to the activation step.
- click on the “Activate PayPal” button to enable your PayPal account.
- Then, you will be redirected to the PayPal environment to the signup page.
- After that, you will be redirected back again to the Merchant Dashboard.
- Once you have done with the activation successfully, the PayPal option will be available on the payment page.
PayPal Payment Workflow (User Experience)
PayPal payment method is hosted by PayTabs, which means that it will be managed and processed on our side. You can have the same page embedded in your checkout page by following our How to not redirect my customers to an external payment page? (iFrame/Embedded Mode) solution article.
Using the PayPal payment method (via one of our integration methods listed in our How to integrate with PayTabs? solution article), when the cardholder proceeds to checkout on the merchant side, they will be redirected to the PayTabs hosted page and then he will be redirected to PayPal website signup and proceed with the payment.
Transactions that have been paid through PayPal will be tagged in the payment method in the transaction detail window as shown below:
The Settlement Flow
PayPal payments are directly settled into your PayPal account.