PayTabs SDK makes the integration with the PayTabs payment gateway very easy by providing a ready-made payment screen that handles the card entry and, billing & shipping information and completes the missing details.
This article is dedicated to walking you through how to initiate the payment/request payload using only the customer name and email in case your products/services are not physical and didn't need to be shipped to the customers, along with the configuration options and parameters that have already been clarified in the previous step, "Step 2 - Configure the integration method".
This feature is subject to further approval from our risk team, so please make sure to contact us at ([email protected]) for further details to enable this feature for you.
In case your products/services is indeed physical and yet you want to hide those details, you can check out "3.1 Native Android SDK | Manage Shipping and Billing details" solution article to know how to perform this.
Note that CyberSource processor does not support digital product mode.
After making sure of configuring this SDK as you wish, you will need to import the PaymentSDK in your code first to start, as shown below:
Implementing this option will enable you to initiate payments targeted to be paid using the supported types of credit cards such as Visa, MasterCard, Amex, .. etc. To be able to do this, please follow the below instructions:
- Make sure your current Activity or Fragment extends CallbackPaymentInterface class.
- Configure the billing information and assign the customer name and email in this case you have to define the names of parameters with in the billing object (if you want you can pass the full billing details) as shown below:
To know more about this, please check our 2.1 Native Android SDK | Configuration Options & Parameters solution articles.
//In this case you don't need to provide all billing parameters just skip them and provide only the customer email and email with parameters names as shown below
//Also you may send the full billing details
val billingData = PaymentSdkBillingDetails(
email = "[email protected]",
name = "full name "
Then create an object from
PaymentSdkConfigBuilder and fill it out with your credentials and payment details don't forget to set the Digital product to true. To know more about what is the exact values that should be passed here, please check our 2.1 Native Android SDK | Configuration Options & Parameters and 2.2 Native Android SDK | The PaymentSdkConfigBuilder Object solution articles.
val configData = PaymentSdkConfigBuilder(profileId, serverKey, clientKey, amount ?: 0.0, currency)
.setMerchantCountryCode("AE") // ISO alpha 2
.isDigitalProduct(true) // set to true to enable the digital product mode
Setting the isDigitalProduct to ture can affect the behavior of the payment based on the following:
- Along with showBilling to false and passing the full billing details object the transactions will be authorized.
- With the showBilling to false and passing only the billing name and email the transactions will be authorized
- Setting the showBilling to false and didn't passing the billing details object the transactions will occur a validation error.
- Or setting the showBilling to true and passing the billing object without filling in the details the transactions will occur a validation error.
- Finally, by setting the showBilling to true and passing the billing object with only the name and email the transactions will be authorized.
Only then you will be ready to start/initiate the payment by passing your PaymentSdkConfigBuilder object along with the current CallbackPaymentInterface inherited activity/fragment instance -in which you will handle the payment response- to the
function. To know more about this please check our 2.2 Native Android SDK | The PaymentSdkConfigBuilder Object and Step 5 - Native Android SDK | Handle the payment response solution articles.
startCardPayment(context = this,
ptConfigData = configData,
This will make the payment behavior would be like the one below, in which your customers will have to provide their full card details.
⌂ To get familiar with the whole process and the other steps, kindly navigate to our "The Native Android SDK Integration Manual" solution article.
⇦ And to navigate to the previous step in the integration process "Step 2 - Configure the integration method" click here.
⇦ And to get familiar with the rest of the steps regarding the current step "Step 3 - Initiating the payment" click here.
⇨ Or you can navigate to the next step in the integration process "Step 4 - Accepting the payment" kindly click here.